When it comes to commercial printing, there are a variety of options for companies to choose. From digital printing to offset printing to color alterations, the price of commercial printing services is almost never black and white. However, there are some tips that can help businesses get a better idea of what to expect, which factors affect the price, and how to optimize the cost of the commercial printing services that your business needs.
Example: Cost Of Digital Printing vs. Offset With Full Color
Let’s start by taking a look at an example of a common job: printing a full-color book. This type of job can be completed in a few different methods that all will result in a different price. When it comes to choosing the type of method used for this type of project, many people assume that offset printing will produce more clear, accurate and professional results.
While this has traditionally been the case, technology has actually improved drastically over the past five years, and has allowed digital printing to be almost indistinguishable from the offset method in most cases.
While offset printing is a safe bet, this method (as well as the request for full color) will cause the price of this project to be more expensive than opting for the simple and direct digital printing option. For every project at a commercial printing company, there are a wide variety of strategic decisions that will affect the overall price and efficiency of the project.
Factors That Affect Commercial Printing Costs
Some of the main factors to consider when evaluating the cost of a project include:
- The type of product being produced
- The quantity being printed
- The quality of the pieces (very high value, etc).
- The presence of color
- The printing method being used
This is a very basic list, but covers the main points of what affects prices. Different projects each have different requirements and options as far as the most efficient type of method to be used. Choosing the right method shouldn’t sacrifice quality and should net you the most efficient cost for the needs of the project.
How To Optimize Commercial Printing Costs
It is important to trust the experts to help you make decisions and optimize the costs of projects. When you work with a commercial printer, you are getting a collaborative team of printing experts who specialize in learning about your unique needs and tailoring a personalized plan for each of your projects.
Their goal is to optimize costs without sacrificing quality. With so many different technical factors relying on printing professionals will boost print productivity and overall efficiency for your business.
Some of the best ways you can optimize costs with your commercial printer include:
- Choose a printer who actively makes suggestions and guides you through the process. Finding a partner that acts as a consultant will lead to the best results and a smooth relationship.
- Get samples and proofs of work before they are executed to ensure you are on the same page before wasting money on a large batch.
- Be sure to utilize the best technology for each type of product you are using. Inquire with your consultant to determine that they have considered all of the options that are available.
- There is an ideal balance for achieving efficient digital and offset work. Ask your printer what he thinks would be appropriate for your particular job.
- Utilize automation. This type of method is growing in popularity and has the potential to drastically cut costs and optimize projects.
There is no definitive answer to the cost of commercial printing projects as each project is different. However, the best way to save money is to work with a trusted and reputable commercial printing company. These experts can help any business find the best approach for a variety of projects while considering your unique needs and budget.
Get In Touch With Our Commercial Printing Experts
Professional Graphics Inc. is a full-service commercial printing company that aims to take the stress out of the printing process. Our team has a strong commitment to ensuring our clients receive the highest quality products at competitive rates. Contact us online to get started with fulfilling your commercial printing needs today.